Role Title: Client Executive (Public Affairs)
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Contract Term: Full Time
MCE Public Affairs is a vibrant, successful and fast-growing practice within MCE Public Relations, servicing an impressive list of some of Northern Ireland’s foremost organisations.
As trusted advisors, we work closely in partnership with our clients to help them achieve their business objectives and manage their issues through the design and delivery of bespoke campaigns.
We are seeking an ambitious, talented individual to work with us on political matters, current affairs and stakeholder relations, providing advice and managing client issues on a day to day basis. Commercial focus and energy are required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a first-rate candidate to take the next step in their career at a reputable agency that offers fantastic career progression.
In addition to supporting day to day activities with this busy team, you will be actively involved in the following:
• Political monitoring;
• Research and report writing;
• Drafting briefing papers for clients on political issues;
• Supporting the MCE Public Affairs team to deliver comprehensive strategies as part of wider integrated lobbying and communication campaigns;
• Assisting with client requirements on a day-to-day basis, including media relations;
• Political event management;
• Supporting social media activities;
• Supporting senior management in relation to issues and crisis management;
• Delivery of community consultations and;
• Stakeholder engagement research.
Applicants for the above position will have studied for a relevant degree in a related discipline such as Public Affairs, Public Relations, Politics, Law, Business, Journalism etc.
Experience in an agency or in-house role in a related area an advantage.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• A strong understanding of the current political environment in Northern Ireland;
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent writing skills and awareness of societal trends in Northern Ireland and beyond;
• Excellent time management skills;
• A digital native with strong social media skills;
• A strong sense of civic leadership and engagement;
• The ability to work independently when fully briefed by your line manager;
• Ability to work with other team members to deliver results on a client campaign;
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and contribute to team brainstorms and propose creative ideas;
• Experience of working in public affairs, politics, stakeholder engagement or campaigning;
• Knowledge of the relationship between politics and the media.
If you feel like you are the ideal candidate for this role, please send a cover letter and C.V. to Sheryll Ormsby Sheryll@mcepublicrelations.com with CV and Covering Letter outlining your suitability and how you meet the above criteria.
Please quote reference: ‘PA 2018’ in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st September 2018 at 12 noon.
Share this Post