Start-up founders from Australia, New Zealand, London, Liverpool and Dublin have joined some of the brightest tech companies in Northern Ireland on a brand new accelerator which has launched in Belfast this week.
The first ever Ignite NI Accelerator programme will take 10 established tech high potential start-up teams from Northern Ireland and beyond through an intensive programme designed to help them grow their business in global markets.
All of the companies are at a stage where they are looking to raise between £250,000 and £1m in funding and over the course of the 12-week accelerator they will receive mentoring and practical advice from start-up experts and investors to equip them on that journey.
Participants on the Invest Northern Ireland backed accelerator also receive a £15,000 convertible loan and nine months’ free co-working space at the Ormeau Baths tech hub in Belfast. Along with connecting with the tech ecosystem in Belfast, they will also benefit from attending study visits to to London, San Francisco and New York to meet other tech sector founders and investors.
Six companies on the programme are from Northern Ireland with one from Liverpool, one from London, one from Dublin and one from Cambridge, via New Zealand and Australia.
Tristan Watson , Programme Director at Ignite NI, said: “We are hugely excited to welcome the first cohort of creative and ambitious tech companies on to the inaugural Ignite NI Accelerator. These are companies who have already gained traction and we look forward to helping them accelerate the development of their businesses.
“It is particularly gratifying that companies from England and Dublin are joining the programme, with one of our founders even hailing from as far away as New Zealand and Australia. It is testament to the fact that Belfast’s tech scene is rapidly evolving into a desirable location for like-minded entrepreneurs to cultivate their start-up companies.”
Niall Casey, Invest NI’s Director of Skills and Strategy, said: “It is great to see the first cohort of the Ignite NI accelerator up and running and the ambition of the companies involved is encouraging. By supporting pioneering entrepreneurs like this we can help create our high performing companies of the future.”
The 10 companies represented on the Ignite NI Accelerator are:
– CADshare connects manufacturers with their customers for frictionless spare parts commerce.
– Cloudsmith helps companies distribute their software artefacts with a simple, secure and centralised repository service.
– Continually helps businesses automate customer acquisition by replacing their online contact forms.
– Datch is bulding a smart voice assistant for the factory giving you instant access sensor values and asset information, and allowing to connect and interact with your existing in-house systems.
– iSensing collects full spectrum data by deploying sensor networks in cities capturing citizen data, real-time movements and duration.
– LANDED is a multi-channel recruitment automation platform.
– Locate a Locum is an online web and mobile application that connects locum pharmacists directly with pharmacies.
– Performa Sports is an iPad application with an integrated cloud analytics platform to enable coaches to easily track real-time data.
– Prospr is a marketplace for business software and services that helps businesses personalise their software.
– Veri digitise the quality systems associated with training to ensure ROI and measure training outputs
Share this Post