MCE’s client executive, Niamh Parker, shares some tips on how to make the most out of your corporate Instagram account
Like it or not, social media platforms have become mainstream communication tools for businesses. It has never been so fast and easy to connect and share real-time information with like-minded users, so it’s important to keep up to speed. If you are considering setting up a corporate Instagram as your next step into the social media sphere, here are 7 top tips to make the most of your new account:
- It’s a good idea to use the same name as your Twitter handle, so that you are easy to find. Also include links in your Instagram bio such as your website and other social media channels like LinkedIn, so users can follow you throughout a variety of social platforms.
- It’s important to include a mix of fun and striking images, as well as corporate ones. You need to be able to tell the story of the brand you work with through images users can relate to. Post photos of people behind the brand or events that are taking place. It’s good to track the engagement of each post to find out what your followers like best.
- It’s important to interact with others on Instagram. Follow influential accounts and people that you would like to connect with. Engage with them by liking and commenting on their pictures (keep it professional, obviously).
- Use hashtags on each post, but don’t overdo it. Try researching relevant and popular hashtags that are important to your sector, this way more users can find your posts and account. You can also cross-post selected images to other social media channels to help people know you are on Instagram.
- Video content is becoming increasingly popular on Instagram, short videos and ‘boomerangs’ in particular. You can use this in a lively way to document an event the company is attending, or any other visually interesting things going on.
- Instagram Stories lets you share moments in a slideshow format, with as much creativity as you want. You can bring your story to life in new ways with text and drawing tools. Instagram also recently released the ability to include an ‘interactive poll’, which allows users to ask a question and receive answers in real time. Photos, videos and polls will disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile. This tool is effective in showing real time footage, for example at an event or photo call.
- As Instagram is a solely visual platform, it is important that the photos you post are good quality, high resolution and in focus. You can use filters to change the look and feel of your photos, to better fit the aesthetics of your brand.
Connect with MCE on Instagram: mcepublicrelations
Connect with Niamh on Twitter: @niamhparker18
Share this Post