Northern Ireland law firm Carson McDowell announced today that it has expanded its corporate team in response to increased demand for the team’s expertise from local and international clients.
The firm has appointed three new lawyers to the team: Paul McGuickin has joined the firm as a senior associate, Rosanne Brennan has been appointed as an associate and Helen Boyle has joined as a solicitor. Rosaleen Jones has also become the corporate team’s new legal secretary. This brings the total number of lawyers in the team to 20, with five support staff.
In the past 12 months Carson McDowell’s corporate team has advised on transactions with a combined value of more than £750m for clients in Northern Ireland and other markets.
In 2018 alone this includes acting as lead advisers on the £400m+ sale of Lagan Group’s materials business to Breedon Group plc, advising the shareholders of Lowe Rental Ltd in relation to the £60m investment by private equity fund Perwyn and taking the lead adviser role on the acquisition by SHS Group Limited of 3V Natural Foods limited.
Carson McDowell was this week named by Experian as Northern Ireland’s leading legal adviser for M&A in Q1 by transaction volume – working on nine deals in total.
Neasa Quigley, joint head of the firm’s corporate team, said: “2017 was a busy year for Carson McDowell’s corporate law team and the first half of 2018 has continued in the same vein.
“We have advised leading Northern Irish businesses and international businesses across a full spectrum of corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, corporate finance, joint ventures, group reorganisations and corporate governance.”
Richard Gray, joint head of the corporate team, added: “In recent years the firm has been at the forefront of some of the most significant corporate transactions across many different sectors in Northern Ireland.
“Continued growth in this area has caused us to expand the team and we are confident that the appointments announced today will further strengthen Carson McDowell’s offering to our clients.”
Other high profile transactions Carson McDowell has worked on in the last 12 months include:
– Acting as lead advisors to the owners of Options Technology Ltd in relation to the investment of almost $100m by Bregal Sagemount, a New-York based private equity firm.
– Acting for SHS Group Ltd in the acquisition of Standard Brands (UK) Ltd, an international ignition supplier, from Graphite Capital and also in relation to the acquisition of Super Nuva Limited and the US investment in Cideroad LLC.
– Advising Davy in relation to its acquisition of the wealth management business of Danske Bank in Northern Ireland.
– Advising OMERS Infrastructure in the sale of Airports Worldwide, including Belfast International Airport, to Vinci Airports
– Advising Helm Housing Association on its merger with Fold Housing Association to create Northern Ireland’s largest housing association, Radius Housing.
– Providing advice to Dalradian Resources on the private placement financing with Orion Mine Finance Fund II LP and Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd.
– Advising the shareholders of Bettercare Keys Ltd on the phased sale of their shares in the company to G Square a Private Equity firm.
– Advising Vinci Energies UK in relation to three separate acqusitions, Meldrum Limited, QSI Group and Cougar Automation.
– Advising Riverridge on the bolt-on acquisition of another company, which followed on from advising the company on the investment by BGF into the company a year earlier.
Share this Post